Acceptable use policy for user accounts at Lund University
The use of Lund University’s IT services is intended to facilitate studies, research and related duties. Other uses may be permitted on condition that they do not encroach on regular duties or entail damage to Lund University. For employees and others active at an institution or unit, the [HEAD OF DEPARTMENT/EQUIVALENT] is responsible for assessing permitted use.
For a user account, the following specific points apply:
- that all use of the user account and computer network shall comply with Swedish laws and ordinances
- that the user account is lent to the account holder during the period he/she is active at the University and will thereafter be deactivated
- that the user account, password and codes are personal and may only be used by the account holder
- that the user is to promptly change the password if there are suspicions, or it is known, that someone other than the account holder has gained access to the password and/or codes
- that the user is to promptly report to the LU Servicedesk if there are suspicions that a third party has gained access to the password and/or codes and has had the opportunity to improperly use these
- that the user follows the guidelines for the IT services that the user account provides access to (both within and outside the University) and thereby actively contributes to maintaining a correct security level
- that the account holder shall follow SUNET’s ethical rules (http://www.sunet.se/Om-sunet/Policyfragor/Tillaten-anvandning.html)
If there are suspicions that these rules have been violated, the University reserves the right to deactivate the user account and, if required, submit a report to the Staff Disciplinary Board or the Disciplinary Board for further review. Lund University reserves the right to deactivate a user account with immediate effect if there are suspicions that a third party has access to a user account.